With the exception of the mentoring coaches and referees, STARS is an all-volunteer organization. Without dedicated volunteers STARS could not exist. It is up to you to get involved to support the program for the kids. Remember, "In STARS it's about more than the game... it's about the kids". If you have questions about becoming a volunteer coach, please contact the STARS program director, Eric Navarre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All coaches/volunteers must complete a VOLUNTEER FORM, the SIDELINE SPORTS YOUTH INJURY RECOGNITION COURSE and a US CLUB BACKGROUND SCREENING.
- Complete this form and email to the STARS program director at email@example.com.
SIDELINE SPORTS YOUTH SOCCER INJURY RECOGNITION COURSE
- The course costs $5. We will reimburse you for this course.
- It takes approximately 1 hour to complete the course. You can start/stop the course as needed and even take it over a multiple days so that you can work it in around your schedule.
- When completing the application, please use "FC Dallas Emerald Coast - STARS" as the club name.
US CLUB BACKGROUNDSCREENING
- Once you complete the SIDELINE SPORTS COURSE, you will receive an email with your Certificate of Completion and a link to the US Club Background Screening site. Forward that email to Eric Navarre at firstname.lastname@example.org. Then open the email back up and click the link.
- On the webpage that opens, click the 'Sign Up' button and complete the requested information to get to the background screening application. Upon submission you will receive another email to activate your account.
- On the webpage that opens click the 'Activate My Account' button and complete the requested information. You will need the Sideline Sports Completion Certificate Number to complete this step. Also note that for club name you will choose FC Dallas Emerald Coast.
- Once you receive your background screening email with the 'CLEAR' result, please forward that email along with your to the STARS program director at email@example.com.